- Tuscan-Inspired Villa in the Heart of Lafayette’s Happy ValleyThe Quintessential California LifestyleQuality and Sophisticated Lafayette Remodel Embraced by NatureQuintessential Lafayette NeighborhoodLife in Lafayette’s Beautiful Baywood!Charmer in The Trail Neighborhood LafayetteDesigner Beautiful New Lafayette Home for SaleJust Listed in Sky Hy Ranch Lafayette with Mt. Diablo ViewsA Serene Setting, Bucolic Views, and a Rare Guest House!!5336 Stonehurst Drive in the Alhambra Valley
Sign-up for FREE delivery of our Blog Articles
Real Estate as we see it…
- The Summer of Sales for Lafayette Realtors September 12, 2016
- What Brexit Might Mean for Lafayette Real Estate June 28, 2016
- Lafayette Realtor Blog Voted Among Best in the Country June 27, 2016
Lafayette CA Home for Sale – 501 Winchester Court — SOLD
501 Winchester Court,
SOLD – A picturesque canopy of flowering trees leads you into this impressive, meticulously remodeled five bedroom, four and a half bath home set within the unparalleled beauty of Lafayette’s gated Baywood community, and the dedicated open space of the surrounding Briones Regional parkland — a spectacular Lafayette CA home for sale.
Extraordinary attention to quality and detail are found in every aspect of the extensive remodel. The timeless Arts & Craftsstyle design details are evident as you enter the foyer with its vertical white wood plank walls, moldings that frame the transitions between rooms, and the distinctive balustrades of the handcrafted staircase ascending to the second floor living quarters. Rich, walnut-stained oak hardwood floors are found throughout most of the home, contrasting with the beautiful white bead board wainscoting and classical moldings that frame the doors and windows. Impressive Craftsman columns transition the space between the living and dining rooms, and the use of wood plank ceilings clearly defines the rooms from the other central living areas.
The exquisite backyard backs to the beauty of Briones open parkland and features an expansive patio; a PebbleTec-finished, solar-heated pool; and a lawn wrapped by a meticulously maintained garden of colorful flowers and foliage. Glass doors to the kitchen and family room area allow seamless indoor/outdoor entertaining.
5 bedrooms – 4.5 bathrooms – 3798+/- sq. ft. – .39+/- acre lot – 3-car garage with workshop area – Major remodel completed in 2003 – Significant updating post-2003
· Conveniently located in security-gated Baywood within minutes to shopping, restaurants, freeways, and BART — Lafayette’s fine schools are presently served by school bus service to Springhill Elementary and Stanley Intermediate School. The acclaimed Acalanes High School is just about 5 minutes away.
· The completely remodeled kitchen features Craftsman-style white cabinetry with island, “Statuaretto Extra White” Italian marble counters, Wolf 6-burner gas cooktop, Abbaka custom-made stainless steel hood, Dacor double convection wall ovens, GE Monogram refrigerator, Miele dishwasher, and walk-in pantry.
· Major remodel of the home completed in 2003 included the kitchen; new handcrafted staircase; hardwood and natural stone floors; extensive custom millwork, moldings and wainscoting; bathrooms; and much more…
· PebbleTec, solar-heated pool with motorized child safety cover and automatic water-leveler, re-plastered and resurfaced in 2008. Pool bathroom remodeled with Carrera marble counter.
· Hardwood, imported slate tile, and tumbled limestone floors. Recently remodeled front porch with slate tiles and the addition of Craftsman railing with slate tile transition area from garage.
· Other features: Dual HVAC system with dual furnaces and air conditioning units, newer HVAC system ducting, cement tile roof, premium plantation shutters throughout the home, new backyard fencing in 2011, complete exterior painting of home in 2013, recirculating instant hot water system, home security system with central station monitoring, central vacuum system, built-in multimedia system with speakers installed in central living areas, Hunter Douglas blinds, and recently installed Schicker luxury glass shower walls and door in master bath. Truly, a very special home for sale in Lafayette CA !!!
- Address: 501 Winchester Court
- County: United States
- State: CA
- Zip: 94549
- Country: United States
- Property Size: 3,798 square feet
- Bedrooms: 5
- Bathrooms: 4.5
Garage Size: 3-car plus workshop
Roofing: Concrete tile